Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As some of you may be aware, we are currently in an open enrollment for the voluntary supplemental coverages which include Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance. The open enrollment period closes at the end of October, so there are only a couple weeks left! You should have received a packet in the mail with additional information from Cornerstone Benefits Management, if not please give them a call at 224-770-5305. All of these benefits are guaranteed approved, meaning members cannot be denied coverage even if you have any pre-existing conditions that would decline you for an individual policy.
Below are some key points of the different coverages available:
The Voluntary STD coverage offered to you provides the following income protection:
• Option A pays $250 or $500 weekly benefit
• Option B pays 50% based on your income (including overtime)
• Stackable to 100% of pre-disability earnings
• Starts paying on DAY 15 if you can’t work due to injury or sickness
• STD benefits pay for a maximum of 24 weeks
• All pre-existing conditions are covered after 12 months.
The Voluntary LTD coverage offered to you provides the following income protection:
• Option “A” pays a flat $2,500 per month for 5 years, stackable to 60% of pre-disability earnings. Works with other LTD benefits (40% option)
• Option “B” pays 60% of monthly income up to 10 years
• There is a 180 day waiting period for LTD benefits (STD covers up to 180 days)
• Pre-Existing Conditions are covered after 12 months
The Voluntary Life Insurance with AD&D:
· Guaranteed Issue for members up to 200k! (No health questionnaire’s, physical exams, etc.)
· Spousal coverage available up 50k
· Dependent coverage for dependent up to age 26. (10k)
· Life Insurance includes accidental death and dismemberment. (Would pay double)
***The online enrollment link showing monthly premiums and benefit highlights are shown here: https://uniondisability.com/groups/ibew-51-193/
The best way to get information about premiums, plan design, or to enroll is simply by calling our office at (224) 770-5305. ***Enrollment ends on 9/30/2018.
If you have any question please feel free to call Ryan Crow directly at (815) 355-0973. Anyone on our Cornerstone team can help you enroll today.
On September 3, please plan to join IBEW Locals 21, 51 and 193 for an after-Labor Day Parade celebration at the Anchor Boat Club on Lake Springfield, approximately noon. Lunch and beverages will be served!
Congratulations to IBEW Local 51 journeyman lineman, Michael A. Fair, who has been selected to receive the 2018 Michael G. Gibson Community Service Award. Brother Fair was nominated by Local 51 and the Decatur Trades & Labor Assembly for adding strength to the labor movement by continuing the tradition of making our communities better places to live, work, and raise our families.
IBEW Local 51 is ordering 50 neon signs. These are American-made parts and are IBEW Local 702 manufactured. The IBEW seal is acrylic with white neon behind it (see side view on the picture below). The 120V sign is 20” wide and 25” tall and can either free stand or be hung and includes a 10’ cord. To reserve your sign, pay $210.00 by credit card or check. ORDERS DUE APRIL 30
Mail check to: IBEW Local 51, 3171 Greenhead Drive, Springfield IL 62711
To pay with credit card: Contact Karlene Knisley, 217-377-1090
You are responsible for picking up or contacting your Business Rep for delivery.